Court reopens Jesna missing case with new evidence

| Updated: 10 May, 2024 6:46 pm IST

Kochi – Ensuring to provide a ray of hope to the family and friends of Jesna Maria James, a second-year BCom student of St Dominic College, Kanjirapally, who had gone missing on March 22, 2018, under mysterious circumstances, the Thiruvananthapuram Chief Judicial Magistrate Court has ordered a reinvestigation following her father James Joseph’s petition in the court.

Jesna’s father had pleaded with the court for a reinvestigation and to reject the CBI report as they have collected little evidence that can provide more credentials to the case and hence will be able to track her location.

According to James, his daughter was bleeding days before she had left the house and also the previous day she had left her residence stating she was going to her relative’s house. According to her father, the agencies did not investigate where she had gone to pray over some time and did not question her friends in detail. Most importantly, the petition says that the CBI did not probe a suspect in the case.

ALSO READ: Kerala CM hails SC order, says it could impact polls – THE NEW INDIAN

Notably, Jesna, as per her parents, had in possession Rs.60, 000 on the day she had left the home. Her parents had informed the court that they had no idea as to where she received the money as they did not provide her with the money.

CBI has however maintained that their investigation was thorough and complete thereby leaving no evidence unchecked.

Handing over the evidence to the court, Jesna’s father has demanded the court that the CBI investigate the matter for another six months. The CBI has agreed in the court that they are ready to probe the case if new evidence is being submitted.

“The CBI hasn’t investigated all the angles. It is after collecting their investigation report that I had demanded a reinvestigation as I had to collect additional evidence into the case”, said James Joseph, father of Jesna to the media.

ALSO READ: Kerala government petitions Supreme Court over indefinitely stalled bills – THE NEW INDIAN

On March 22, 2018, Jesna was going to her aunt’s house near Mundakayam in Kottayam from her house in Pathanamthitta district. It was confirmed that Jesna took a bus from Erumeli to Mundakayam, but it is unclear what happened to her afterwards.

During the investigation, police found that Jesna had made several calls to her friend including sending a text message saying that she was going to die before her mysterious disappearance. However, nothing substantial was found after questioning the friend.

The case was initially investigated by the police and later by the crime branch. However, there was no breakthrough in either of the investigations.

Also Read Story

Bibhav Kumar, Kejriwal’s aide, sent to 4-day custody in Maliwal case

World Schizophrenia Day 2024: Reasons and Treatment

Pune Porsche crash: Teen’s bail revoked, adult trial ordered

Delhi braces for intense 2024 Lok Sabha battle